As many of you haven’t been to Namibia just yet, we would like to help you with what you can expect. See our tips and tricks to be well prepared. If you need suggestions for a trip before or after the wedding, please see a summary of our last tour in Namibia below. At the bottom of this page you can also enjoy our video below which describes our last trip. Have fun!
Personal tips & tricks
- Namibia is the perfect road trip destination. Hire a 4X4 car with a tent on top and travel around the country
- Bring a hat and sunscreen for protection as the sun is strong. Drink enough water, you’re no camel.
- Plan your trip ahead of time
- Don’t drive after sunset because it is dangerous as you don’t see animals or people crossing the street.
- Although Namibia is a safe country, it’s better not to leave your car in Windhoek with valuable luggage in there.
- The Namibian dollar = the South African Rand
- Namibia has internet working at African speed specially designed to allow you to watch the sunset at a waterhole. Cell coverage is not 100% as you don’t want to be disturbed during your holiday.
- Relax and Enjoy Afrika
2 weeks travelling around Namibia
Day 4 - 5:
Day 6 - 7:
Day 8 - 10:
Day 12 - 13:
This was only an introduction to Namibia. If you think you saw everything - forget this.
There are many more beautiful places to visit:
Victoria Falls & Fish River Canyon & Kavango rivers & Skeletton Coast & Himba Villages and many more.
Good luck and enjoy Namibia!
Laura and Robrecht